Due to expansion and a strong demand for our services, Wood Pellet Stoves.ie have an exciting opportunity for a Heating Service Technician/Engineer, preferably with plumbing or electrical experience or qualification, who will be responsible for the nationwide commissioning, servicing and troubleshooting of wood pellet stoves and boilers. This position is available to an experienced service technician/engineer OR a plumber/fitter who wishes to move into a field service position. We will also consider a motivated and enthusiastic young individual who is keen to develop a great career from the bottom up. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and responsible for organising & prioritising their workload with a willingness to travel nationwide, although the larger portion of the workload will be in the South Midlands and Munster regions.
There will be a huge focus on quality and customer service as well as the other responsibilities, duties and benefits that come hand in hand with representing our company and its brands and products. Experience in a similar role or in heating systems generally is preferred.
Full training on our products and services will be provided and technical support from our head office will always be available
We aim to provide the most comprehensive suite of services in relation the supply, installation, commissioning, maintenance and aftersales service for wood pellet stoves in Ireland. As the only dedicated company in the country and our vast experience in the industry, we're already we positioned to be Ireland's No 1 provider of wood pellet stoves and boilers. Our reputation for quality products and service is one that has been reinforced over the years through our utter dedication to our customers. You can read more about us and what it's like to work with us, here.
Roles will include:
- Commissioning and servicing of wood pellet stoves and boilers.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues both on site and over the phone.
- Fault-finding and repairs on site in a timely and effective manner.
- Checking installation standards and flues to ensure compliance with relevant Building Regulations.
- Provide excellent customer support through our various software systems.
- Organise and manage the servicing of stoves/boilers with support from our head office and dispatcher.
- Build a good relationship and rapport with new and existing customers.
- Identify and react to customer needs and give feedback on customer requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely installation and service records through our CRM/Service system.
- Manage inventory of spare parts and consumables in your company service van.
- Ensure strict adherence to all Health and Safety Rules & Procedures.
- Be flexible and willing to help out other departments when required.
- Nationwide travel with an emphasis on South Midlands and Munster regions.
Skills and Experience:
- It’s desirable (but not essential) to have a relevant technical certification/trade in a mechanical, electrical, or related field or a Level 6 Diploma in the same area.
- A full, clean driving licence is essential for this role.
- Installation and/or service work in the domestic heating industry would be advantageous.
- Excellent technical and mechanical knowledge.
- Problem solver that is solutions driven.
- Attention to detail is key for this role.
- Ability to work flexible shifts when required and adapt to changing work schedules.
- Strong technical, troubleshooting skills are essential for the role.
- Good communication, fluent in the English language and demonstrated by excellent verbal, written and IT skills
- Confident and commercially aware.
- Previous experience of wood pellet appliances would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Be able to follow company procedures and methods.
- Availability to work out of hours / weekends if required (occasional only)
What we offer:
We are offering the suitable candidate a well organised and unrivalled range of technology to enable him/her to be at his/her most efficient. We offer advanced software with mobile application to manage clients and jobs. We also offer:
- company vehicle
- mobile phone
- competitive remuneration package
- flexible hours
- opportunities for training
- rewarding environment
- wide range of tasks
How to apply:
Please email all applications. Applications will not be accepted by phone. Please send your CV and cover letter, along with details of any relevant experience and your references to email@example.com with "Heating Service Technician" in the subject line, no later than 12 noon on Tuesday, 7th February 2023. Please tell us why you think you'd be a good fit for our company. Thank you for your interest in this position and we look forward to hearing from you.